Copyrightã2007, John P. Giunta
Use this position of the right hand. The right hand is the hand of activity. The thumb closes the right nostril, the ring finger closes the left nostril.
2. If the right nostril is more open when you begin, you will first exhale through the right nostril.
3. If the left nostril is more open, exhale first through the left nostril.
4. If both nostrils are open equally, exhale through the right nostril first.
5. Begin Nadi Shodanam by breathing in through both nostrils.
6. Exhale through the starting nostril, i.e., the more open nostril, then inhale through the same nostril.
7. Switch the fingers to block the other nostril.
8. Exhale through the second nostril, then inhale through the same nostril.
9. Continue this pattern for about 5 to ten minutes or as long as desired, and anytime you desire.
Key: exhale = inhale =